THE BEST SPY APPS according to the editors
How to See Snapchat Messages Without Opening Them or Alerting Your Target?
Snapchat is one of the most convenient messaging platforms for people wary of managing voluminous digital footprints. With features like ‘Snaps,’ people can send and receive tons of messages without having to worry about leaving a huge digital trail. Some 210 million Snaps are created and destroyed every single day on this messaging platform.
However, these convenient messaging features can pose a serious challenge if you need to track someone for safety or investigative reasons. To boot, Snapchat comes with many security features that make it nearly impossible to read Snapchat messages using traditional hacking methods. Snaps and other types of messages sent or received on the platform are encrypted from end to end. Also, no Snapchat account can run on two different devices simultaneously.
That doesn’t completely rule out the possibility of learning how to read Snapchat messages without them knowing, though. In the following sections, we’ll show you how to beat these security challenges and gain unfettered access to someone’s Snapchat, no matter your level of technical expertise.
Methods for Spying on Snapchat Messages
There are tons of methods when it comes to how to spy on Snapchat messages, but we’ll introduce only the ones that are reliable, safe, and on budget.
The first method we’ll introduce to you involves a top-notch spy app designed to help parents, employees, and anyone with ethical reasons to track someone’s phone messages – including Snaps. mSpy works by hacking the phone’s operating system in general, not a particular app on the phone like Snapchat.
Once installed on the target phone, mSpy sneaks inside the background of the target phone, from where it can access every data registered on the target device’s operating system – including Snapchat messages.
With its system-wide coverage, mSpy allows you to read Snapchat messages without them knowing through many different ways, including through a keylogger and remote screenshots. To crown it all, mSpy tracks Snapchat without leaving behind any trace. mSpy will not trigger the security notifications that usually alert the phone owner about a login attempt on their account.
mSpy’s presence on the target phone will remain unnoticeable for as long as you use it. It tracks phone data constantly without registering any icon or symbol on the phone’s app drawer. Nor does it use up any noticeable amount of phone data, battery power, or memory space.
The system-wide coverage provides not only ways to read Snapchat messages without them knowing but also ways to track many other phone activities.
Main Functions of mSpy Besides the Snapchat Tracker
mSpy can do much more than just Snapchat tracking, as it comes with over 25 features. Here’s a snapshot of its other features that can help you get all the truth about your target.
Get full details of your target’s calls, including the time, date, and duration of the call, as well as the I.D. of the caller/receiver.
See the contents of all incoming and outgoing SMS, as well as meta details like the contact details of the sender/receiver.
Social Media Monitoring
Track private messages, group messages, profile updates, and other activities on various social media apps, including Facebook, Instagram, Kik, Skype, WhatsApp, etc.
Track every website visited on all the target phone’s browsers.
Gain access to details of your target’s location. You can also set up the geo alert to get notified about the movement of your target in and out of a particular location.
You can also take secret screenshots of your target’s phone activities remotely and visually view what they are up to.
If you’re wondering how to spy on Snapchat messages, try a keylogger feature to get a well-detailed report of every key pressed on the target phone, including the login credentials of Snapchat and other social media apps.
Multimedia File Tracker
Track every multimedia file they upload or download on their phone, including those from Snapchat.
- Simple user interface with a smooth learning curve – learn how to view Snapchat messages without them knowing, even with zero technical experience.
- Read Snapchat message updates round the clock without fail.
- A vast collection of phone tracking tools – track more than just Snapchat activities.
- No security risks – track Snapchat on non-rooted, non-jailbroken phones.
- Round-the-clock customer support.
- mSpy is in a league of its own – you just can’t find a worthy replacement app where you can see Snapchat messages without opening.
The next method we’ll be introducing is free, but it requires deep technical expertise, and there are no concrete guarantees that it’ll work. It entails many complex steps and variables, which you can easily get wrong. But if you get it right, you’ll be able to read Snapchat messages sent and received on the target phone using your device.
Before we delve into the brass tacks of this method, let’s take an overview of what’s involved in how to read Snapchat messages without them knowing using MAC spoofing.
Every internet-enabled device has what’s known as a media access control (or MAC) number. It’s basically a means that helps apps and third-party platforms – including Snapchat, to identify a device for security purposes.
The funny thing about this number is that it can be transferred to another device, enabling you to pass a device off as another. Now, with that, you can bypass security checks protecting social media apps on a target phone, including Snapchat.
To read Snapchat messages using MAC spoofing, you need some moments with the target phone and a device to transfer the target phone’s MAC number to. What you need to do is identify the MAC number of the target phone and load it on your device. Once you’ve done that, you’ll be able to access your target’s Snapchat account.
Here’s how to read Snapchat messages without them knowing using MAC spoofing:
- Find the target phone’s MAC device. What you’re looking for is an alpha-numerical figure like this: 09: C4: 79: K1: 44: MD. If it’s an Android phone, go to “Settings → About Device → Status → Wi-Fi MAC Address.” For iPhones, go to “Settings → General → About and Look for Wi-Fi.
- Uninstall Snapchat on your device.
- Change your MAC address to that of the target device. MAC spoofing apps like WiFiSpoof or BusyBox help make this easier. But besides that, you’ll need to do this using complex manual spoofing steps.
- Reinstall Snapchat on your phone, using your target’s phone number to request an activation code. Note, however, that the activation code will also be sent to your target phone, so you should have it at hand while implementing this step. Note down the code and delete it from the target phone.
- After entering the code on your Snapchat, you can switch back to your original MAC number.
If you’re able to get everything right, you should get to read Snapchat messages without them knowing.
- It doesn’t cost anything.
- You’ll get to track a wide range of data on the target phone.
- It’s pretty complicated, and you could easily make costly mistakes.
- You’ll need to have the target device with you throughout the time.
The next method we’ll recommend is using a keylogger, but it also comes with several limitations. With a keylogger app, you can obtain your target’s Snapchat credentials, but in order to use it on your own device, you need to log out of the account on the target phone.
This could present a real challenge because you can’t log in to their account when your target is using their Snapchat – else, they’ll be notified, and you won’t be able to read Snapchat messages without them knowing.
- A straightforward process with no technical skills required – depending on the keylogger app you choose.
- Reveals details of many other phone activities.
- The keylogger report can be quite tricky to read, depending on the type of app you choose.
- You always need to have the target device with you when logging in to your target’s Snapchat in order to delete the login attempt notification.
- You can’t log into your target’s Snapchat while they’re using it on their phone.
Brute Force Attack
A brute force attack is a method that lets you obtain your target’s Snapchat credentials without needing access to their phone. But on the flip side, it requires hardcore technical skills and could take forever to get the desired outcome. It basically entails guessing your target’s Snapchat credentials using a combination of hunches and a brute force algorithm.
You can start by listing down some possible key combinations containing figures like their birthdays, phone numbers, age, phone numbers of friends and family, etc. If you don’t have any luck with that, you can try brute force software. Such software can try an endless combination of passwords for an endless amount of time until they finally crack the passcode.
- Works remotely without any need to access the target phone physically – though you might need to delete the login notification when you log into your target’s Snapchat from your phone.
- It’s highly complex.
- There are no guarantees that it’ll work.
Phishing is a method that also works remotely, though you’ll need access to the target device to delete the login notification. It enables you to read Snapchat messages by obtaining your target’s Snapchat credentials when they use a fake Snapchat login page.
Creating the fake login page takes steep technical expertise, but you can hire a phishing professional to help you do that. Once you have the phishing site set up, you can then lure your target to use the page to log into their Snapchat account on their device. You can send them the link disguised as something related to their favorite phone activities – like their games or shopping.
- Works remotely.
- It requires tedious technical steps.
- You need to delete the alert attempt notification on the target phone.
Our best recommendation for how to read Snapchat messages without them knowing is using mSpy. As we’ve shown, the other methods have several limitations that you can easily trump with mSpy. mSpy lets you track not only your target’s Snapchat but a host of other activities on their phone. You’ll get to enjoy constant access to your target’s phone activities, regardless of your technical background.